Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rain in London



It was supposed to have been a miserable day in London - all piss and drizzle all day.

But I was happy. I've always loved the rain. It is not because I spent 15 years in Mumbai where it doesn't just rain -- it pours, storms, floods, leads to utter madness and then we are all let off early from work.

No, it is something in the air when it rains that reacts with my molecules and puts me a good mood, ready to face anything - umbrella wars, traffic jams, water puddles, car splashes, humidity, frizzy hair, and clothes getting plastered to my skin.

Mummy says it is because I was born in Zambia where it rained every day, all 365 days of the year. But Mummy also says I have curly hair because I was born in Zambia. Clearly, Mummy's Zambian theories cannot be trusted.

If anyone has theories about why rains make me happy, feel free to drop a line.

1 comment:

jaimit said...

here is scientific one - when it rains the air is in away ionised with tons of free negative electrons. these negative ions attract the dust particles which make them stick to each other and hence they fall to the ground. thus the atmosphere is clean and 'charged'.. hence.......